Welcome to the ISEP IT Focus Group

Gess, Peter
Fri, Jul 15, 2011 8:54 PM

Dear Fellow Coordinators:

I hope you are enjoying your summer break, if you are lucky enough to have one!

I haven't been able to meet all of you, so please allow an introduction. I am a Co-Chair of the ISEP Council of Advisors Working Group on Admissions/ISEP Processes. One of the core missions of the Working Group is to aid ISEP Central on issues related to the employment of technology, especially as it relates to admission of students.

And exciting things are happening with technology and ISEP. You will have previously received the message from Linda Jewell concerning the migration to WebIS, the new, interactive, real-time database. And I encourage you to explore the coordinator portal through:

http://www.isep.org/Coordinators/webinar.asp

Shortly after the launch of WebIS, we will begin in earnest to explore developing online application, confirmation and acceptance processes for ISEP. And this is where you come in. The Council of Advisors and ISEP staff have created a list of coordinators from diverse universities from throughout the ISEP network. This representative group has been added to the "itfocusgroup" listserv simply to help with these efforts. There will be times when online developers will need to learn more about how we operate on a daily basis as coordinators. There will be times when staff will need to ask us for our preferences about online functionality. And there will be times when we will need to simply "test drive" the modules as they are developed. In other words, we are test subjects as we move toward greater automation and efficiency in the ISEP admission processes.

It's safe to say we have "volunteered" you to be part of this focus group. You can of course opt out by following the instructions listed below my signature. But we don't anticipate this listserv placing a heavy burden on your time. We do anticipate that your feedback and advice to ISEP will prove invaluable as we move forward to provide better service to our students and fellow coordinators. So I hope you will join us in what will be a rewarding experience.

And let's think of this listserv as a tool for ongoing dialogue. Don't hesitate to post your thoughts and comments to the listserv (itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org). And feel free to ask any questions, either to the whole list or to me personally at gess@hendrix.edu.

I look forward to working with all of you!

Cheers,
Pete

Peter L. Gess, PhD
Director of International Programs
Assistant Professor of Politics
Hendrix College
1600 Washington Ave.
Conway, AR 72032
Tel: 501/505-2953
Fax: 501/505-2959
http://www.hendrix.edu/InternationalPrograms

itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at:
http://lists.isep.org/mailman/options/itfocusgroup_lists.isep.org/ljewell%40isep.org

Itfocusgroup-request@lists.isep.org
with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.

You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without confirmation.  It is:
ohnoifse

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.isep.org mailing list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on your options page that will email your current password to you.

Dear Fellow Coordinators: I hope you are enjoying your summer break, if you are lucky enough to have one! I haven't been able to meet all of you, so please allow an introduction. I am a Co-Chair of the ISEP Council of Advisors Working Group on Admissions/ISEP Processes. One of the core missions of the Working Group is to aid ISEP Central on issues related to the employment of technology, especially as it relates to admission of students. And exciting things are happening with technology and ISEP. You will have previously received the message from Linda Jewell concerning the migration to WebIS, the new, interactive, real-time database. And I encourage you to explore the coordinator portal through: http://www.isep.org/Coordinators/webinar.asp Shortly after the launch of WebIS, we will begin in earnest to explore developing online application, confirmation and acceptance processes for ISEP. And this is where you come in. The Council of Advisors and ISEP staff have created a list of coordinators from diverse universities from throughout the ISEP network. This representative group has been added to the "itfocusgroup" listserv simply to help with these efforts. There will be times when online developers will need to learn more about how we operate on a daily basis as coordinators. There will be times when staff will need to ask us for our preferences about online functionality. And there will be times when we will need to simply "test drive" the modules as they are developed. In other words, we are test subjects as we move toward greater automation and efficiency in the ISEP admission processes. It's safe to say we have "volunteered" you to be part of this focus group. You can of course opt out by following the instructions listed below my signature. But we don't anticipate this listserv placing a heavy burden on your time. We do anticipate that your feedback and advice to ISEP will prove invaluable as we move forward to provide better service to our students and fellow coordinators. So I hope you will join us in what will be a rewarding experience. And let's think of this listserv as a tool for ongoing dialogue. Don't hesitate to post your thoughts and comments to the listserv (itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org). And feel free to ask any questions, either to the whole list or to me personally at gess@hendrix.edu. I look forward to working with all of you! Cheers, Pete Peter L. Gess, PhD Director of International Programs Assistant Professor of Politics Hendrix College 1600 Washington Ave. Conway, AR 72032 Tel: 501/505-2953 Fax: 501/505-2959 http://www.hendrix.edu/InternationalPrograms ****************************************************************** Welcome to the Itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org mailing list! To post to this list, send your message to: itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org General information about the mailing list is at: http://lists.isep.org/mailman/listinfo/itfocusgroup_lists.isep.org If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at: http://lists.isep.org/mailman/options/itfocusgroup_lists.isep.org/ljewell%40isep.org You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to: Itfocusgroup-request@lists.isep.org with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions. You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without confirmation. It is: ohnoifse Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.isep.org mailing list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you prefer. This reminder will also include instructions on how to unsubscribe or change your account options. There is also a button on your options page that will email your current password to you.
LJ
Linda Jewell
Fri, Jul 22, 2011 7:26 PM

Dear Coordinators,
I'd like to add my welcome to Pete's message and to say how much ISEP appreciates your help in moving forward with our IT development.  We want to draw on your experience and your perspectives as we work to modernize our operations.  For a mid-sized non-profit organization, this kind of development is challenging, so knowing we have the engagement and support of our members is extremely helpful.
As you know, our full attention now is directed toward our new database, WebIS, and trying to get that ready for launch on August 8.  It's still not clear if we can reach this ambitious deadline but we are doing all we can, and hope to be ready.  If you have not yet logged on to the coordinator portal I encourage you to do so, and to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Once we have WebIS working, we will begin to move toward on-line applications and I'll be in touch with you for consultations on various aspects of that process.  In the meantime if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns or advice about IT at ISEP, please feel free to communicate those to me.  Once again, we appreciate your collaboration as we move forward,  Linda

Linda Jewell
Executive Vice President
ISEP - International Student Exchange Programs
1655 N. Ft. Myer Drive, Suite 400
Arlington, VA 22209
Phone: 703-504-9985
[...]

Dear Coordinators, I'd like to add my welcome to Pete's message and to say how much ISEP appreciates your help in moving forward with our IT development. We want to draw on your experience and your perspectives as we work to modernize our operations. For a mid-sized non-profit organization, this kind of development is challenging, so knowing we have the engagement and support of our members is extremely helpful. As you know, our full attention now is directed toward our new database, WebIS, and trying to get that ready for launch on August 8. It's still not clear if we can reach this ambitious deadline but we are doing all we can, and hope to be ready. If you have not yet logged on to the coordinator portal I encourage you to do so, and to familiarize yourself with the new system. Once we have WebIS working, we will begin to move toward on-line applications and I'll be in touch with you for consultations on various aspects of that process. In the meantime if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns or advice about IT at ISEP, please feel free to communicate those to me. Once again, we appreciate your collaboration as we move forward, Linda Linda Jewell Executive Vice President ISEP - International Student Exchange Programs 1655 N. Ft. Myer Drive, Suite 400 Arlington, VA 22209 Phone: 703-504-9985 E-mail: LJewell@isep.org<mailto:LJewell@isep.org> www.isep.org<http://www.isep.org> ________________________________ From: itfocusgroup-bounces@lists.isep.org [mailto:itfocusgroup-bounces@lists.isep.org] On Behalf Of Gess, Peter Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 4:55 PM To: itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org Subject: [Itfocusgroup] Welcome to the ISEP IT Focus Group Dear Fellow Coordinators: I hope you are enjoying your summer break, if you are lucky enough to have one! I haven't been able to meet all of you, so please allow an introduction. I am a Co-Chair of the ISEP Council of Advisors Working Group on Admissions/ISEP Processes. One of the core missions of the Working Group is to aid ISEP Central on issues related to the employment of technology, especially as it relates to admission of students. And exciting things are happening with technology and ISEP. You will have previously received the message from Linda Jewell concerning the migration to WebIS, the new, interactive, real-time database. And I encourage you to explore the coordinator portal through: http://www.isep.org/Coordinators/webinar.asp Shortly after the launch of WebIS, we will begin in earnest to explore developing online application, confirmation and acceptance processes for ISEP. And this is where you come in. The Council of Advisors and ISEP staff have created a list of coordinators from diverse universities from throughout the ISEP network. This representative group has been added to the "itfocusgroup" listserv simply to help with these efforts. There will be times when online developers will need to learn more about how we operate on a daily basis as coordinators. There will be times when staff will need to ask us for our preferences about online functionality. And there will be times when we will need to simply "test drive" the modules as they are developed. In other words, we are test subjects as we move toward greater automation and efficiency in the ISEP admission processes. It's safe to say we have "volunteered" you to be part of this focus group. You can of course opt out by following the instructions listed below my signature. But we don't anticipate this listserv placing a heavy burden on your time. We do anticipate that your feedback and advice to ISEP will prove invaluable as we move forward to provide better service to our students and fellow coordinators. So I hope you will join us in what will be a rewarding experience. And let's think of this listserv as a tool for ongoing dialogue. Don't hesitate to post your thoughts and comments to the listserv (itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org). And feel free to ask any questions, either to the whole list or to me personally at gess@hendrix.edu. I look forward to working with all of you! Cheers, Pete Peter L. Gess, PhD Director of International Programs Assistant Professor of Politics Hendrix College 1600 Washington Ave. Conway, AR 72032 Tel: 501/505-2953 Fax: 501/505-2959 http://www.hendrix.edu/InternationalPrograms ****************************************************************** Welcome to the Itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org mailing list! To post to this list, send your message to: itfocusgroup@lists.isep.org General information about the mailing list is at: http://lists.isep.org/mailman/listinfo/itfocusgroup_lists.isep.org If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at: http://lists.isep.org/mailman/options/itfocusgroup_lists.isep.org/ljewell%40isep.org You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to: Itfocusgroup-request@lists.isep.org with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions. You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without confirmation. It is: ohnoifse Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.isep.org mailing list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you prefer. This reminder will also include instructions on how to unsubscribe or change your account options. There is also a button on your options page that will email your current password to you.